Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oops!

A long story.....but here I am  at the doctor's office, on a perfectly nice Saturday. In fact I had to go to ER because my regular doc is not on duty today. And they are too booked up for me? Huh?

Here's what happened: Thursday night I did some fancy running and skidding to welcome Jaz's mother to Grammie's  house.  Somehow in my exuberance I slipped and tore a nail off. Just raw stuff showing.Ouch!

OMG - Grammie and Lynn took such good care of me! I lounged on a blanket for about 2-hours. Ate my dinner right there! No kidding. (They never offered me a cocktail...duh! I actually could have used a GT)

Admittedly, I was in pain, big time. But I got home last night by way of  the Board Meeting at Carumbas.  Uncle Eddie held me the whole way over. I felt better real quick.  Grampa came out to the car to tend to me two or three times. I did not get to run around  the parking  lot and chase those wild cats like I normally do
  - oh well.
BTW Doc says my nail will grow back. And  I have some fairly nice drugs if needed. There is some talk of dental cleaning and lump removal this week. What the heck?   Ella

5 comments:

Sissie said...

Dear Ella, that is a bummer! But Gigi and I do love your pink bandage....really stylish. So glad to hear the nail will grow back. Just take it easy, enjoy the drugs and know there is always someone in worse shape than you. Oh, tell Grammie and Grandpa that this stuff just happens and not to feel too bad. Love you, sweetie. Aunt Leenie

Noreen said...

Wow - what a bummer! You are so lucky to have such caring peeps to take care of you. Healing licks from your canine pals, Zoe and Baxter

Noreen said...

Oh do love your pink bandage - my sling was ugly tan. BTW, got it off a few days ago and I'm good as new... or old I should say...... ~Baxter

sewnews said...

Hey Ella,

Heard all about your major Owie from my mom.... She said you were an angel to hold onto even with bleeding and bandaging... She also made a rude comment that she wished I was like you and be that good.... What the Heck ---- stop being so cooperative it is not good for my image. Love your bandage color and hope that you feel better and running at full speed real soon.

Good Doggie wishes to you

Your Pal JAZ

Sissie said...

Thank you so much Jaz. I 'preciate your regards. Sorry about the bad example I am being for you. I'll do better next opportunity. El